OWASP Top 10 : Cross-Site Scripting #2 DOM Based XSS Injection and MitigationJanuary 11, 2017
OWASP Top 10 Details About WebSocket Vulnerabilities and MitigationsFebruary 14, 2017
Under the SecureLayer7’s Gratis Pentest Summer 2016, our consultant “Saurabh Banawar” have performed the 2 days penetration testing on the PageKit open source CMS application. Following vulnerabilities Saurabh have found during the penetration testing.
- Vertical/Horizontal Authentication Bypass or Password Reset Vulnerability (Critical) – CVE-2017-5594
- Server side information disclosure (Medium)
- Misconfiguration Improper use of .htaccess (Low)
- Weak Password Policy(Low)
- Sensitive Information leakage via referrer header (Low)
- Plain text storage of credentials (Low)
- SWIFTMAILER Remote Code Execution (Low) // Low – On the sender input is controlled by the developer or higher level user, so that rated the impact low.
Download Detailed Report : Download
Exploit Code for Password Reset – Download
Commit tag – Github
Download fixed code – Download
Sandeep Kamble is Founder and CTO of SecureLayer7. You can find him on twitter @sandeepL337