Webinar Cybersecurity CISO: Guide on Selecting Ultimate Penetration Testing Vendors 2020October 10, 2020
OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks: SQL InjectionOctober 28, 2020
MY JOURNEY AT SECURELAYER7…
Bidding farewell to your fellow colleagues can be really hard. It is one of those emotional moments in an organization where you have to let go.
But before letting go, a peek at my journey in few words.. A walk down the memory lane, from my perspective…
This is Parul, and this is my dream transformed into actions…
“My step to the Security ladder started with SecureLayer7. It all started with an idea to do something towards my passion for Cyber Security. As a result. I got an opportunity to work with SecureLayer7 that made my journey to learn and enhance another fruitful one.
I knew I belonged to a super talented team which is the combination of fresh minds with great ideas and the ones with a good amount of experience. This boosted my energy as I loomed in the right direction. From there the journey started under the guidance of my manager.
I always wanted a team which motivated the new talent and give them a chance to implement their ideas and execute well-managed plans.
With baby steps, I started to work on the projects assigned and deliver the best I can. The project working experience was wonderful as I have grown not only as a professional but also as an individual. I got to work on varied projects – Web application testing, Mobile application, Network Testing. Initially, I worked on Web applications including the Black box and Grey box. The things I learned from the team are:
- Always start the project with proper analysis of the timelines agreed upon, the availability of the resources and accordingly divide the scope within all the teammates as I learnt from my manager.
- Make a plan depending on how big the given scope and what features it includes. Later gaining a proper understanding of the functionalities and making the mind map of what all the project is based on.
- Start with all the recon stuff and make proper test cases each day of execution or which can be executed.
- Each and everyone in the team has a different approach so it is always good to learn the new ways to work on the application. It is a must that you keep taking the guidance where needed, and always give your proper efforts.
- A major thing I learnt is to always provide with quality work and proper presentation of all the vulnerabilities you find. Proper coverage of an application scope and testing all the types of bugs having low to critical impact to make an application more secure.
So in my SecureLayer7 journey, I started as an intern and then got to work as a full-time employee – Associate Security Consultant.
I got to learn a lot from various sessions held from time to time to keep us updated and maintain coordination. To boost the energies and work with more fun, a live hacking project was implemented where every security consultant and interns would work and could impart the best of their work, based on which bounties were awarded. It was such a fun experience working on the project as I learned a lot through it and got the best results and won a bounty too!
The company held multiple fun activities in happy hours and fun trips that make mind fresh also makes all teammates more open and making a team more comfortable to work with.
A major thing I learned is that to pave your ways in cybersecurity with proper guidance, you must also follow your own. It all may be somewhat difficult in the initial stages, but once you believe in yourself and work on your skills, you can execute the best results.
It never felt to me as if I did not get the proper platform and opportunity. Throughout my time with the company, I got different projects and each demands a different approach, new team members, fresh timelines to execute on.
I consider myself fortunate enough to have encountered such talented, inspiring, and enthusiastic leaders, whom I’ve always found committed to excellence.
Keep learning and growing is the mantra you can follow. Following this, what matters the most is the work culture I experienced in SecureLayer7 that made the whole journey more interesting as the management and team members have proper coordination and equality at all aspects that keeps us free to share our thoughts or any confusions and thus working in a more friendly manner.
It has been a great experience working with the SecureLayer7 family as it gave me the best platform and opportunity that made me better as an individual.“